|Border||Birmingham National 2010 Judge's Critique|
Birmingham National 10 Judge
BORDER BIRMINGHAM NATIONAL 10
Judge(s) MR PETER BAKEWELL
DCC GRINDELVALD IN FULL CRY JW (MRS M BAILEY)
Apologies for the lateness of this report which is due organizing a show and work commitments.
Minor Puppy Dog (10-1a).
2. Spencer’s, Cobstoneway River Magic, nice size, very typical, nice head, alert expression, good quarters fore and aft, good feet, ok ribs carried well back. Moved well
3. Matthews, Rexland Cock Robin NAF TAF.
Puppy Dog (5-1a).
2. Williams, Hollowmoor Final Choice, a typey dog, nice head with short strong muzzle, straight front, nice bone, ok in body, nice hindquarters
3. Sprung’s, Schleswig Mac The Knife.
Junior Dog (8).
2. Sneddon’s, Justinca Ryan By Kerfell, another nicely made dog, good size, outline and overall balance. Good head, sound quarters, well made body, muscular hindquarters. A steady free mover.
3. Martin’s, Bortino High Society.
Novice Dog (6-1a).
2. Jenkins, Badgerbeck Bronco, very typical, nice size, typey head, strong jaw, straight front, ok in body, nice hindquarters.
3. Birtles & Morgan-Birtles, Smartstone Governor
Graduate Dog (3-1a).
2. Chandler’s, Baillieswells Benachie, a strong masculine headed dog, straight front, strong loin, muscular hindquarters.
Post Graduate Dog (7-1a).
2. Larner’s, Howcoat Blue Bertie, nice size, good outline, typey head, ears a little heavy, nice neck, strong loin, good hindquarters.
3. Sharp, Radnorvalley Goshawk of Rhozzum
Limit Dog (11 - 3a).
2. Irving’s, Dandyhow Beeline, another nicely made quality dog, good head and type, keen expression, good quarters fore and aft, easily spanned ribs, good pelt. Moved Well.
3. Docwra’s, Bandicoot Double O Seven.
Open Dog (10 -1a).
2. Judge’s, Mansergh Float to Plushcourt, very typical, nice head, good front and forequarters, well placed shoulder, good span able ribs, and well made body with strong loin, good hindquarters.
3. Hollingsbee’s, Ch. Otterwood Amex JW ShCM
Minor Puppy Bitch (19 - 3a).
2. Barrett’s, Howthwaite in Violet, another promising pup, good head with, strong jaw, alert expression, dark eye, good forequarters, and nice ribs carried well back, good hindquarters and tail set.
3. Barrett’s, Howthwiate Amber Again.
Puppy Bitch (11 - 2a).
2. Haughton’s, Ragatam Lucinda for Chorbeck, nice size, pleasing in outline and overall balance, good forequarters, nicely made body, moved well.
3. Hollingsbee’s, Otterwood Blueberri
Junior Bitch (8-3a).
2. Martin’s, Bortino Smiling Queen, similar to 1, a typey bitch, pleasing in outline and overall balance, moved and showed well.
3. Duxbury’s, Ravenside Rockfel.
Novice Bitch (5–1a).
2. Roslin-Williams, Mansergh The Canny Granny, a nicely made bitch, very typical, nice head, straight front, good topline and tail set. A steady free mover
3. Taylor’s, Vallemoss Rock N Roll Baby.
Graduate Bitch (11 – 5a).
2. Roslin-Williams, Mansergh Singsong, very typical, good head alert expression, nice neck, span able ribs carried well back, good topline, moved well from good free moving quarters.
3. Parr’s, Head Over Heals At Westpoint.
Post Graduate Bitch (13–5a).
2. Taylor’s, Lutrabeck Layla, very typical, good outline, keen expression, straight front, well set tail, muscular hindquarters.
3. Shaw’s, Early Valentine ShCM.
Limit Bitch (14 -2a).
2. Small’s, Badgerbeck Tree Pipit at Tilmoray JW, another nicely made bitch pleasing in outline and overall balance. Good head and expression, nice neck and shoulders, well set tail. Moved well.
3. Roslin-Williams, Mansergh Speckles JW.
Open Bitch (10 -5a).
2. Clarke’s, Southash Blue Betty Boo Gameway JW, another soundly made quality bitch who can change places with 1, good head and expression, strong jaw, nice neck and forequarters, good ribs and body, strong loin and muscular hindquarters. Good overall balance. Reserve C.C.
3. Fraser & Butler’s, Blue Tutu Via Ycart.
Peter E. Bakewell.