KERRY BLUE DRIFFIELD 16
Judge: Mrs Cara Davani
BEST OF BREED : 4040 PINFOLD Mr F & Mrs J Atlanta Blue Cherie Etoile (Imp)
Dog CC : 4033 ENSELL Mrs R A & Mr P R Int Ch It Dandy Black And Blue Just For Balboa
Res Dog CC : 4028 ANDERSON, Mr D & WATT Mr I Edbrios Explorer At Nisyros
Bitch CC : 4040 PINFOLD Mr F & Mrs J Atlanta Blue Cherie Etoile (Imp)
Res Bitch CC : 4037 HETHERINGTON Miss L Irisblu Aiveen for Newent
Best Puppy : 4038 NEILL, Miss C & COLLINS-NEILL Miss G Kensbridge Kilclooney
Best Veteran :
KERRY BLUE JUDGE DRIFFIELD 16
Puppy Dog (1 entered)
1. C Neill & G Collins-Neill's Kensbridge Kilclooney. 12 month old upstanding male puppy with a beautiful textured coat showing good colour. Quality head with a punishing jaw. Good bite and pigmentation. Super reach of neck, nice layback, good topline and carrying excellent body weight. Very good hind angulation and set on. Moved well both ways. To be critical I would prefer him to carry his tail better on the move. BP.
Junior Dog (2 entered)
1. Forrest & Scott's Lacarnaveen One and Only. Full of fire and his handler did a good job to keep him in line at times. A smaller type of dog to what I would ordinarily go for but I have to say he is very nice to go over. Compact and balanced thoroughout. Decent head. Very good ears which he used well. Good quality coat turning colour well for his age. Moved OK.
2. Belt's Esp Arterriers High Voltage (Imp). Stylish Kerry. Heavier than 1 and colour yet to break but good textured. Well ribbed. Very good angulation behind. Moved with drive. Well presented. Bite a bit untidy for me.
Post Graduate Dog
1. Arnold's Ballybaloe Mr Bojangles. 2.5 year old black dog. Really needs to be showing some signing of changing at this age. Good ears. Good strength of muzzle but too broad in the skull for my liking. Compact and balanced overall. Moved OK.
1. Anderson & Watt's Edbrios Explorer at Nisyros. All male. Very good headed dog with reachy neck. Very well ribbed. Good topline, decent layback and well angulated behind. Tail carriage good. Moved well in front but would prefer him a touch wider behind. Needs a bit more colour for his age but overall presents a good picture. Very well presented and handled. Pushed hard for the CC. RCC.
1. Ensell's Int/It Ch Dandy Black and Blue Just for Balboa. Another quality upstanding male who caught my eye as soon as he entered the ring. 4 years old. Beautiful silver coat and presented to the highest order. Very good head but could have used his ears better on occasions. Balanced and stylish throughout. On closer examination he lacked spring of rib and needed much better body weight. Would prefer him to show a bit more keenness which coupled with his lack of body weight lost him the breed. He is however a good representative of the breed and I have no doubt he will quickly make up. CC.
2. F & J Pinfold's Cyres Licenced to Thrill. Another upstanding male with all the necessary attributes. Excellent hard condition. For me just lacked showmanship on the day which spoilt his chances.
Minor puppy bitch
1. C Clarke-O'Neill's Lemracdream Against All Odz. Nice size, promising young bitch. Compact. Good reach of neck. Beautiful ears and expression. Moved and showed well. I liked her.
Junior bitch (1 entered, 1 absent)
Limit Bitch (3 entered)
1. F & J Pinfold's Atlanta Blue Cherie Etoile (Imp). Although all three bitches in this class still lack maturity and are not the finished product in my opinion this was the strongest class of the day with three quality exhibits who I believe could all make up. My winner looked an absolute picture standing and did not disappoint on the move. Lovely to go over. Compact. All bitch. Good reach of neck, short backed, correct front, good hind angulation and decent layback. Tail bang on top with plenty behind it. Feminine head with good ears which she used very well. Correct size. Silky coat and colour now starting to clear. Never stopped showing and moved with drive. Very well handled and presented. CC & BOB.
2. L Hetherington's Irisblu Aiveen for Newent. Another very good bitch. Being in the breed I have always wondered why she has been so hard done by in the ring and having now gone over her I simply can't work it out. Not a dissimilar type to the winner. A quality bitch to go over. Well constructed throughout. In good coat and condition and colour coming through well. To be ultra critical I would prefer her finer in skull for a bitch. Moved and showed well. Pushed hard for the top spot. RCC
Open bitch (1 entered)
1. WIlkinson's Cranmoss Crackling Rose. Best headed bitch of the day but her ears were very erratic. Nice size. Compact, balanced and feminine. Very good tailset. Moved well but lacked showmanship for me.
Judge: Mrs Cara Davani
Go To Top Of Page